It's ME Time
Massage Therapy are in “Phase 2” for Alberta businesses and events and we are waiting for the government announcement for reopening. We recognize the sacrifices and many losses of health, wellbeing, finances and even lives with the pandemic. We are thinking about clients. We truly hope that you have kept well and are well.
To safeguard our staff and clients due to COVID-19, Massage Studio is Temporarily CLOSED. We are taking appointments online or phone from June 6th onward and will take reservation for June 19th with government approval. We look forward to the time when we are able to welcome you back. We are working to give you a good experience, maintain safety, and meet both government and massage therapy association standards. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience and support through this time.
We also want to recognize the many people providing care and essential services when we were unable to do so, including health, education, food services, hospitality, construction, utilities and more, plus those that sustain us – parents, friends & family, neighbours, local businesses, arts …. To each and all of you, your families, friends and colleagues …. THANK YOU
What to expect with massage
There are a few changes to what happens before and after appointments, during appointments, with bookings, payments and safety protocols that will be in place.
1. There will be a COVID Screening Questionnaire that will be asked over the phone at the time of booking, as well as on the day of booking at reception.
2. Your therapist may look a little different as they will be wearing masks, eye protection and an apron. These will be changed and disinfected between each client.
3. It is recommend that all clients wear masks while in the building but not mandatory. There will be a mask and eye protection available for the client to use should you feel you would like to have extra protection during your treatment. This is not mandatory, just optional for those that would like a massage but are hesitant. There will be a $2 charge if the mask is used, the glasses will be disinfected and reused.
4. Payment are required at booking time to secure the appointment. Etransfer, Debit or Credit. (NO CASH) is the only current payment of method
5. We will also be waiving the cancellation fee at this time, However we ask that if you are sick or showing signs of being sick to contact the clinic right away and we can cancel or reschedule your appointment. NO SHOWS will still be charged so please contact us if you can not keep your appointment.
- MassagEssence Team
Deep tissue, relaxation or therapeutic massage available. Cupping added at no extra cost.
30 minutes $80
60 minutes $110
90 minutes $165
120 minutes $210
Included and covered under insurance policies.
Cupping added at no extra cost.
30 minutes $60
60 minutes $100
90 minutes $150
120 minutes $200
NOT Included and covered under insurance policies.
Types of Massage
Using smooth and gentle glides, the Relaxation massage is invigorating and soothing. It affects and benefits the nervous system, muscles, lymphatic system, and circulation.
Deep tissue massage is effective because of its technique -consisting of slower, stronger massage that stimulates deep into muscles. Those suffering from certain conditions may also find deep tissue massage to be quite therapeutic. Sufferers of chronic pain, fibromyalgia, headaches, back pain, and even carpal tunnel syndrome may find significant relief from deep tissue massage. The pressure exerted on different groups of muscle tissue stimulates circulation in areas of pain. If you are in need of a more focused massage, then a deep tissue massage may be for you.
The goal of tui na massage is to create harmony in the yin and yang of the body by getting rid of blockages and disturbances that manifest as illness, disease, and emotional issues. During a session, practitioners use oscillating and pressure techniques that differ in force and speed. Tui na massage can be done as a stronger deep-tissue massage or a more gentle, energetic treatment.
Myofascial Cupping Massage:
An amazing technique used to promote nutrient-rich blood to areas, providing increased circulation to stretch muscle tissue. The myofascial cups are positioned right over muscles and fascia.
Hot Stone Therapy Massage: **Available at Massage Studio location only **
The heat from the stones helps your muscles relax, allowing the massage therapist to manipulate your deep tissues more effectively. Overly tense muscles can hinder the massage procedure, so if your muscles are extremely tight or stiff, the heated stones may provide the extra relaxation you need for the massage to be beneficial in releasing tension and easing sore muscles.
What is Myofascial Cupping?
Cupping massage combines traditional massage movements along with the use of a suction device (the cup) to create negative pressure on the skin. Special cups are applied to the treatment area in order to increase blood flow and relieve heat and stagnation in areas of the body that are tense, tight or in pain.
Dynamic Cupping Massage:
The word "dynamic" refers to using the cups to make sweeping motions along the length and width of the muscles to identify and relieve any adhesion that are discovered between layers of fascia, as this is often a source of muscle pain or stiffness.
While this unique treatment has recently enjoyed somewhat of a renaissance in terms of its popularity, this practice is nothing new--in fact, the origins of this treatment can be traced back thousands of years to both ancient Chinese and Egyptian medicine.
Benefits of Myofascial Cupping Therapy:
Stimulates lymphatic circulation. The lymphatic system is the body's natural drainage system that flushes out toxins and removes accumulated waste. This massage treatment stimulates the flow and circulation of lymph, which will prevent excess toxins from accumulating in the affected area.
Encourages blood flow:
The suction and gliding action of the cups stimulates an increase of blood flow to sore or pain-riddled muscles. This increases the supply of oxygen to those muscles, carrying essential nutrients that can nourish and repair damaged tissue.
Stretches out the muscles:
The "vacuum effect" of this treatment can stretch out the muscles, decompressing them by smoothing out knots and relieving stiffness. The action of gliding the cup across the affected area can also stretch out the connective tissue (a.k.a. fascia), reducing overall tension.
Tight, tense muscles produce stagnation, which means that blood flow is hindered and the lymphatic system has a difficult time flushing out accumulated waste. When this happens, it's easy for nerves or blood vessels to become impinged, often producing numbness or tingling in the hands and/or feet. This tension-busting treatment can eliminate stagnation and bring relief to compressed areas.
Common Conditions Treated by Cupping:
There are a number of common ailments that can be treated using dynamic cupping massage, including:
· Shoulder, neck, and back pain
· Numbness in hands or feet
· Rotator Cuff Syndrome
· Hip tension
· Upper leg pain
· Knee pain
· IT Band Syndrome
· Achilles Tendinitis
· Shin splints
· Plantar Fasciitis
Result of coloration cant be guarantee , please inquire with your therapist during health intake section
OUR SERVICE PROVIDERS
Bowie (Ka Po)
REGISTERED MASSAGE THERAPIST (RMT)
My mission is to provide a personalized treatment which is both effective and enjoyable. Create a sense of balance and well-being by determining the cause of pain, suggest practical changes in daily activities and provide self-care strategies to help extend the effectiveness of a massage after treatment.
A Therapist Who Cares:
I will motivate patients to live an active and healthy lifestyle through commitment, compassion, empathy and preventive lifestyle through non-pharmacological interventions for managing chronic pain with the use of effective therapeutic care. Open minded communication with client, to understand your needs and desires in order to provide the service that fits you.
I'm committed to professional growth and excellence through actively pursuing continued education programs to hone my skills and expertise as a massage therapist.
Licensed graduate from Wellspring College in Ontario since August 2012, with 10 years of massage experience. Passed licensing board examination of Ontario (regulated province with legislation). Massaged in the greater Toronto area then relocated to Fort Mcmurray in 2014. Since that time massaged in both spa and clinical setups,
been trained with variety of modality, continue educated in my career path, and constantly learning.
Helping You Feel Better:
Massage is a tool to help heal. Whether it's stress, illness or simply to pamper yourself, the benefits of massage can be life changing. Allow yourself to return to normal life without restriction or help improve your condition and sooth the discomfort. I would be honoured to take that journey with you.
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT CONDITIONS ARE TREATABLE WITH THERAPEUTIC MASSAGE?
Massage therapy can help managed discomfort/pain :
· Daily or prolonged stress or depression.
· Tension Headaches
· Prevention of new injuries caused by hypertonic muscles prior to athletic exercise.
· Sports injuries causing muscle, nerve, or joint pain.
· Joint pain caused by overuse, arthritis, or injury.
· Repetitive stress injuries
CAN MASSAGE BE PAINFUL?
It is normal to sometimes feel a little discomfort during of after a Deep Tissue or Therapeutic Massage because your Registered Massage Therapist will be working on areas where muscles need to be elongated. This can produce the sensation of an intense stretch, or the type of soreness you experience the day after a workout at the gym.
The most important thing to ask when choosing a Massage Therapy provider is “Are the RMTs registered”, because making sure you are in the right hands will prevent any aggravation to your existing conditions
I'M NOT IN PAIN, CAN MASSAGE THERAPY STILL HELP ME?
Everyone has a different reason to come for a massage. Whether you are in pain from an injury or in need of some stress relief, massage can be an excellent way to maximize your body’s healing potential.
WHAT DURATION IS A TYPICAL MASSAGE TREATMENT?
We offer table massages anywhere from 30 minutes up to 2 hours. 60 and 90 minute durations tend to be the most popular, and will allow your therapist to address problem areas while working on major muscle groups.
AM I ABLE TO RECEIVE MASSAGE THERAPY TREATMENTS IF I AM PREGNANT?
Absolutely Yes, but we will have to refer you to different practioner/office. Unfortunately we don't provide prenatal massage.
DOES MY HEALTH BENEFIT INSURANCE PLAN INCLUDE MASSAGE TREATMENTS?
Many Canadian and Albertan health care benefit packages include Massage Therapy as a part of their coverage. We are not able to check your policy limits for you due to privacy issues but a quick phone call or check on their web site will let you know if you are covered and how much you are allotted for each year for massage. After that point, all you need to do to claim your treatments is pay for your massage and mail your receipt to your provider.
SAFETY & POLICIES
SAFETY COMES FIRST!
We know that you won’t be able to relax and enjoy your massage unless you feel 100% comfortable with your therapist. And your therapist needs to know that they will be safe when meeting new clients at their home or office. So we place the highest priority on safety.
For client safety, our therapists undergo:
· Reference checks
· Practical interview
· Association Check
· Licenced with MTAA
For therapist safety, our clients must:
· Verify your ID by adding your picture to your client profile.
· Full Payment are required at the booking time to secure appointment reservation. EMT are welcome with special arrangement by phone only
No Show & Late Cancellation Policy
· When you book an appointment, that time is set aside for you, and missed appointments prevent us from accommodating other clients. Please understand that therapists only get paid when they deliver a service. If you do not show up for your scheduled appointment, and you have not notified us at least 24 hours in advance, a $30 dollars no show/late cancellation fee will be charged.
· If an emergency situation arises, please let us know so that we can treat your specific situation with personal attention. We recognize that there are circumstances that are out of your control (sudden illness, family emergencies, etc.) and your therapist may make an exception to the above policies on those rare occasions.
· Our scheduling system, Clinic sense, has a feature that allows us to send automated appointment reminders. Occasionally, technology has glitches, so we cannot guarantee that you will receive these reminders. We expect you to be at your appointment regardless.
· It is very important that you actually click the link in the email, or reply to the text, to let us know you will attend your visit. We have numerous clients waiting for appointments who would be happy to fill the space, if given enough notice. No show/Late cancellation will not apply in the event of appointment are able to fill
· This policy is necessary for our small business to continue to serve our clients in need of treatment, and also to make massage therapy a feasible career for our practitioners. One cancelled or missed appointment in a day has a significant financial impact.
· In order to provide our patients with safe and efficient treatments, documentation of a complete health history and assessment is mandatory and built into the allotted time of your appointment.
· If you arrive late/not ready for an appointment, we will need to shorten the treatment time accordingly, and the remainder of your time will be used to its best advantage. The session will end at the time scheduled so that the practitioner can be prompt and prepared for upcoming patients. The full appointment fee will still apply.
· We request that you ready punctually for appointments
· Please allow for a 10 minute grace period for the therapist. Traffic,weather and construction can affect our therapists drive times. Full appointment time will be granted
We make every effort to ensure that your experience at MassagEssence. is a great one. However, if you have any concerns, please let us know in person or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
As Registered Massage Therapists, the practitioners at MassagEssence. adhere to the ethics guidelines outlined by The Massage therapy Association of Alberta . As a patient, you have the right to question the therapy you are receiving and to stop a session at any time. Any requests for the therapist to perform an illegal or unethical act will result in immediate termination of the treatment, and the full appointment fee will still apply.
Disrobing for Massage Session:
Partial or full disrobing is recommended for your massage therapy session. We create a very safe, private environment and give great attention to proper draping. We recognize and respect cultural and personal attitudes towards disrobing. Please speak with your massage therapist if you have any questions or concerns.
First Time Appointments:
We ask that you arrive/be ready (for mobile service) 10 – 15 minutes early for your first appointment or class in order to familiarize yourself with our location and parking options and to complete any necessary intake forms and other required administration of your account.
Health Care Records:
MassagEssence, and its associated practitioners, keep a record of health services provided that will be kept confidential and will not be released to others unless so directed by you or unless the law requires it. You are allowed access to your Health Care Record unless we (or your Physician) are concerned that disclosure of this record may result in significant harm to your safety or mental or physical health. Otherwise, you may look at your Health Care Record and request a copy of it by paying the appropriate fee. In a medical emergency, you will have access to it as soon as possible. Otherwise, we will be able to produce a copy of it, if so requested or approved by you, within 30 days of receiving the request. We will not provide access to the records of a patient who is under 19 years of age to a guardian or parent of the patient in situations where the subject matter of the record is health care that was provided without the consent of the parent or guardian (except where authorized by the patient or by law). Information from your Health Care Record may be analyzed for research purposes, but your identity will be protected and kept confidential. The original copy of your Health Care Record is the property of MassagEssence and will not leave the premises.
All practitioners and clients are expected to follow proper hygiene precautions for infection control and public health. We maintain a comfortable and tidy environment and regularly clean and sanitize our equipment and linens. We expect you to keep your hygiene in mind when visiting us, as you will be sharing a small space with your practitioner and other clients. Please recognize that vigorous activities should be avoided immediately prior to your appointment in order to be respectful of proper hygiene etiquette.
We will provide you with appropriate documentation for making an insurance claim after a massage treatment has been provided and paid for. Insurance receipts are issued according to the guidelines of the Massage Therapy Association of Alberta and are given only in the name of the person receiving the treatment for the date of the actual treatment.
Terms & Conditions:
Information published on this website is provided for the use of its visitors and you are advised that, although care has been taken to ensure technical and factual accuracy, some errors may occur. No guarantee is given of the accuracy or completeness of information on these pages. Please be aware that MassagEssence may alter the information on its website from time to time. MassagEssence shall have no liability arising from the use by any party of the information on this website. MassagEssence does not warrant the information on this website in any way and in particular no warranty is given that the website or its contents or hypertext links are virus free or uncontaminated. You are advised to make your own virus checks and to implement your own precautions in this respect. MassagEssence excludes all liability for contamination or damage caused by any virus or electronic transmission.
We appreciate your respect and understanding with following our policies.
For any general inquiries, please fill in the following contact form: